MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 229, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, September 16, 2018 / 7 Tishrei 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
~ Special Yom Kippur and Sukkos Edition ~
The topics in this week’s 229th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
* Chassidus Applied to Yom Kippur and Sukkos
* How can I show G-d that I truly repented?
* What exactly is simcha?
* Naïve faith vs. skepticism: Can we ask about the “whys” and the “hows” of Torah and mitzvos, or do we have to accept it all without questions?
* Why should one be observant?
* What if I feel like I don’t want Moshiach?
Follow-up: Rigidly doing mitzvot by rote (episode 228)
Chassidus question: Do we need someone outside of ourselves to build our self-worth, just as G-d’s romimus is stimulated from outside His Essence?
My Life 2018 essays:
Whichever Way You Do It, Baila Lesches, 20, Brooklyn, NY
If You Love Someone, Don’t Let them Go, Chaya Gutnick, 20, Melbourne, Australia
Maintaining a Buoyant Disposition, Shaina Ezagui, 17, Brooklyn, NY
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.