MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 273, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, August 18, 2019 / 17 Menachem Av 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
· Chassidus Applied to Chof Av and Eikev
· Lessons from Blessing the Month of Elul
· Is there a lesson from every single word in Torah?
· How can you say that you are not getting political when the mere fact that you are addressing a political issue makes it political?
· Please shed some light on how we are to approach davening in our current modern world.
· What can we do to increase security in Crown Heights?
· Does Judaism have a place for skeptics?
· What should be the public role of Jewish women, and where do we draw the line?
· Follow up:
o Four wounds (episode 272)
o Teaching about healthy intimacy (episode 272)
o What does the Rebbe say about vaccinations? (episodes 269-271)
· Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain the month of Elul?
· My Life 2019 essays:
o ברוך השם, Mendy Butman, 18, Chadera, Israel
o גיבוש זהות נשית לאור החסידות, Yehudit Kleinman, 18, Migdal Ha’Emek, Israel
o Social Anxiety, Menchik Goluv, 22, Long Beach, CA
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.