It is customary to give charity generously and liberally during all the days of repentance, but on the day before Yom Kippur this is even more the case, for tzedakah is a great source of merit and serves as protection against harsh decrees.
Rosh Hashana, 5738 at a farbrengen the Rebbe spoke about the mitzvah of Ma’os Chittim, pointing out that the needs of the poor during Tishrei are even greater than during Nissan. He suggested that a fund be established supplying Shabbos and Yom Tov necessities to the needy. Shimshon and Martha Stock OBM answered the Rebbe’s call. For over 40 years, CSSY has continuously been feeding the poor and needy and providing them with Simchas Shabbos & Yom Tov during Tishrei and throughout the year. CSSY
Be a Giver. Every Single Day. Keren Hashana was established by the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, to ensure that people perform the mitzvah of giving tzedaka—daily. Monies from Keren Hashana are distributed twice daily, before morning and afternoon services, for charitable purposes.
Keren Hashana, a unique charitable fund, makes giving to charity easy, in fact, it will actually do the mitzvah for you! Keren Hashana
Imagine if your single dollar could reach and even help hundreds of Shluchim of the Rebbe in their holy work?
The concept is simple: You donate a dollar a day for either a full year of 365 days or a single month of 30 days. A Shluchim couple will be chosen on a daily basis to receive the accumulative amount that has been collected directly to their bank account.
Read more here.
- Watch: OYYL’s Path to Pure ChinuchWhy start a school when there are already so many other wonderful yeshivas in Crown Heights? Unravel the motivations behind the OYYL's creation in an all new video― showcasing the yeshivah’s unwavering commitment to chinuch in its purest form.
- His “Congregation” Was the Whole WorldIn many ways, YY Kazen was a visionary. In the 1980’s, he saw what others didn’t. Rabbi Kazen recognized the potential for a Jewish internet, a platform where Yiddishkeit was readily available to the public. His goal: bringing Jews closer to Judaism from the comfort of their own homes.
- Watch: The Visionary Nobody SawWatch: Friends and Chabad.org employees tell of the life and impact of Rabbi YY Kazen, a man and a visionary who was ahead of his time, and laid the foundation for the world’s most popular Jewish website, Chabad.Org.
- The Rebbe’s Guarantee, You Won’t Take?As the OYYL campaign was launched, the founders received a unbelievable response from the rebbe, wishing them success and guaranteeing the supporters “Hashem will surely surely fulfill his promise tenfold, you will become rich”
- No Anti-Semitism on THIS Campus!Machon L’Yahadus students come from colleges and high schools around the world. Their friends, former classmates and neighbors are experiencing first-hand the uptick of anti-Semitism. There’s no anti-Semitism on our campus. But what we DO have are students who are engaged in learning and growing as proud Jews!
- Rabbi YY Jacobson Asks to Support Family of Beloved EducatorWatch: A message from Rabbi YY Jacobson about his friend and beloved educator Rabbi Sholi Lapidus obm who tragically passed away leaving a wife and 9 orphans.
- New Shluchim to St. Louis, MissouriRabbi Yankel and Chana Oster have been appointed as new Shluchim to St. Louis, Missouri, to serve as directors of the JGrads program for Jewish graduate students.
- The Rabbi Who Was Just a Click AwayWhat time is Shabbos this week? Search it on google. A visionary’s insight into the future.
- Reb Sholi Fought Like a Lion to Help OthersRabbi Asher Farkash of Argentina writes about his cousin and dear friend Rabbi Sholi Lapidus obm: “He stood out in his Ahavas Yisrael and sensitivity to others…When needed, he fought like a lion to get whatever was needed to help, even though it cost him dearly, in more than one way.”