This recipe series is brought to you by community news service COLlive.com and Kettle & Cord, the home essentials store in Crown Heights.
Why buy expensive chocolates for Mishloach Manos when you can make them yourself at home? All you need is chocolate, a variety of fillings and a silicone mold and you’ll be churning out your very own artisanal chocolate creations.
Watch below as Tzivi Rapoport, one of Kettle & Cord’s junior chefs, demonstrates some of her favorite chocolate mold recipes.
You will need:
1 bag Chocolate for melting
1 tbs Oil
– Mix oil with chocolate and melt in microwave until fully melted, mix every 30 seconds
– Mix chocolate with your favorite filling and spoon into mold
– Spoon some chocolate into bottom and sides of mold, set aside to harden
– Spoon jelly (or other filling) on top of hardened chocolate. Cover with chocolate
– Remove excess chocolate and refrigerate until completely hard
– Pop out of mold and enjoy!