MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 250, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, February 24, 2019 / 19 Adar I 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 250th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
* Chassidus Applied to Vayakhel, Shabbos Mevarchim Adar II and Shekalim
* Can we speak after saying the bedtime hamapil prayer?
* Shidduchim: What should I do when nothing seems to work?
* What should our attitude be to the recent MicDrop issue?
* How do I know if I am making the right choice?
* Is one allowed to curse another person?
* Walking past a church (episode 249)
* Natural Approach to Dealing with Depression (episode 243)
* Is it my yetzer hara or my dysfunctional childhood? (episode 155)
Chassidus question: What does the Tanya mean by saying that a soul is literally a “piece of G-d”? And how do you explain that the soul and G-d are “two half images”?
My Life 2018 essays:
* True Peace is Realistic! Yehuda Levinger, 19, Jerusalem, Israel
* Will and Desire, Rachel Schusterman, Atlanta, GA
* To Remain Happy in Conflict, Menachem Mendel Wolf, 30, Netanya, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.