MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 213, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, May 13, 2018 / 28 Iyar 5778 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 213th episode:
* Chassidus Applied to Bamidbar and Shavuos
* What can we do? Response to My Teenage Friends Are Drowning
* How to deal with religious OCD
* Are we sure that everyone has a soulmate?
* How to educate children about intimacy?
* How do we explain the words in Tanya that one has to let go of everything, including wife and children, for G-d?
Follow-up (episode 212):
* Giving years to the Rebbe
* No intimacy in marriage
* Healthy interaction with the opposite gender
* Blessings on trees (episode 209)
Chassidus question: What does Atzmus U’Mhus Ohr Ayn Sof mean? If we can’t define Atzmus how can we call it Ohr Ayn Sof?
My Life 2018 essays: Chassidut, Polarization and the Opioid Crisis, Avrohom Karp, 22, Spring Valley; Chassidus: Revealing the True Me, Yosef Yitzchak Marneitz, 29, Beitar Illit, Israel; Overcoming Technology Addiction, Yisroel Cotlar, 36, Cary, North Carolina.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife.