Monday, 20 Av, 5780
  |  August 10, 2020

Live:

Rabbi Gershon Giter, 61, OBM

Rabbi Gershon Giter, founder of a Congregation for Russian speaking Jews in Minnesota, passed away. Full Story

Toronto Mesivta Prepares to Open

Children Mark Chof Av With Rally

guest
Jeffrey M. Goldman, Paramus, N.J.
Jeffrey M. Goldman, Paramus, N.J.
4 years ago

I just saw this very sad news. Rabbi Gershon Giter was a true chassid of the Rebbe and a mensch. I enjoyed hakafot with him in Paramus and trips to the Rebbe in Crown Heights. For sure he will be a melitz yosher for his family and Klal Yisrael. May his family know of no further sorrows.

Fighter
Fighter
4 years ago

Definition of fighter: A person who does not easily admit defeat in spite of difficulties or opposition GG poster child !!!! He fought many many hardships in his lifetime 1)communism 2) To be a rabbi for what he believed in And his last fight with ….. but he won every battle because that’s who he was, any man who can leave behind a trail of only good memories is a fighter and a winner!!! When I met Rabbi Giter he was younger than I am now. I loved the family, Leah, Reuvchik, Mirichka, Saraleh, tchip tchip kitchen baby and later… Read more »

Naomi sydney
Naomi sydney
5 years ago

So very sorry to hear. ! Hamokem yanecham eschem besoch shaar aveilei tzion yerusalayim

thinking of you, Rochel
thinking of you, Rochel
5 years ago

hamakom yenachem eschem besoch shaar aveilei tzion yerushalayim. Hashem should grant you and your family only good from now on. Moshiach now.

Sarale and the Giter family
Sarale and the Giter family
5 years ago

So so sad to hear.Crying for your loss .hamakom yinachem eschem besoch shar availai tzion yerushalayim.
May we know of no more pain.
Your friends from Tarzana
YHK

So sorry…

Will always remember numerous Shabbos dinners and beautiful dvar Torahs at Giter’s house in Fair Lawn.

May his neshama have an Aliyach,

Condolences to Leach and family.

Soyfer family

Giter family
Giter family
5 years ago

Rabbi Gitter has done so much for me and my family. Such sad news. He has helped us without even blinking. He was an amazing friend/mentor/coach. He will be remembered for his love, passion, helpfulness and kindness. He was and still is the most amazing rabbi ever.

bde
bde
5 years ago

What a loss for the entire chabad lubavitch. May he merit from the good deeds of his children.

Aryeh E.
Aryeh E.

Baruch Dayan Haemet

5 years ago

This is such a sad loss ,,,,
Hashem should bring comfort on the family,,,
It seems unreal he was a powerhouse,,,
He would always tell me what a good boy my son was
And my son spent many shabbosim with him and he
Always gave him so much attention,,,
Mrs giter, Reuven, Miriam, Sarale, Rochrl and Mendy
I’m so sorry for such a great loss,,,,
Hashem must being moshiach!!!!

Giter Family
Giter Family

Baruch Dayan HaEmet.
Hamakom Enahem Athem Betokh Shear Aveley Tzion vErushalaim.
He will be remembered for his love for every Jew, willingness, ability and energy with which he help many, many Russian Jews to became a proud, observant Jew.
It is very sad to lose you, dear Friend.
The Gutman family

Gurevitch/ Cohen  family Brooklyn ny
Gurevitch/ Cohen family Brooklyn ny

Oy vay. He was Wonderful man wonderful family
May God bless his family .
Bde
God enough….. we want moshiach

Giter Family
Giter Family
5 years ago

Baruch Dayan HaEmet. What an enormous loss. We can’t believe it. He’s helped so many, many people, countless times. May HaShem comfort you among the mourners of Tzion and Yerushalaim. Our hearts go out to your family here in Minnesota.

ברוך דיין האמת !!
ברוך דיין האמת !!
5 years ago

המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים!!
What a big lost! he was an amazing person and a amazing rabbi.
So sad to hear.

Reb Leah G
Reb Leah G
5 years ago

I didn’t know Rabbi G although you always spoke about him with such respect. You however, are a powerful woman filled with dignity and chessed.I admire you!
May Hashem comfort you and your lovely family with the comfort only He can shower upon you.
May Hashem bless you with simchadika simchos only!
A friend

Russians from LA
Russians from LA

Dear Giters,
Boruch Dayan HaEmes & Hamakom yenachem eschem besoch shaar avelei Tzion v’Yerushalayim!
Hard to believe this is happening! We remember Reb Gershon and his vibrant energy and a love for every Yid. A true and committed chossid of the Rebbe! We will never forget our special Shabbaton we spent together in the mountains near LA. May your endless zechussim light up shamayim and bring Moshiach taking us all out of this dark golus immediately! Moshiach Now!!!

Baruch Dayan HoEmes
Baruch Dayan HoEmes
5 years ago

Very sad news… so sorry…
Rabbi Giter will be missed and always remembered.
My thoughts and prayers are with Giter family during this difficult time.
M.A.

miriam sarale rochel
miriam sarale rochel
5 years ago

Beautiful young women of the special giter family. Certainly hashem will shower his chessed and rachamI’m upon you and your relentless mama, and your brothers, for, your father did so many acts of chesed and tzedakah behind the scenes, and asked of nothing in return.

To Reuven, his mother and their siblings
To Reuven, his mother and their siblings
5 years ago

Boruch Dayan HaEmes – words escape me, the pain I feel for you a mere drop in your pain – may you find comfort in continuing the mission of your holy father, both in his holy Shlichus and his very core, at all times a chosid – the ultimate role model for all. May we see him immediately with the coming of Moshiach.

SL

Baruch Dayan HaEmet
Baruch Dayan HaEmet
5 years ago

Rabbi Giter and Leah Giter lived a mile from my home in Minnesota. I often came for Shabbat dinner, and came to their synagogue Seders, where they were good enough to find me a Hebrew-English Haggadah and to translate into English as well as Russian. I studied with him about Jewish mysticism, and he was so helpful to me about some personal issues. I loved his brilliant mind and his inimitable sense of humor. My condolences to Rebbitizin Leah, and to his children…
Martha Cohen

א׳ התמימים
א׳ התמימים

המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

Baruch Dayan HaEmes
Baruch Dayan HaEmes
5 years ago

Just met you Reuven and your beautiful family in Manalapan.
Judging off you, your father must have been an amazing person.
Hamokam Yenachem Eschem…

Should also note that he is survived by his grandchildren.

5 years ago

So sorry to hear the news. May Hashem comfort all of
us, & especially his family, with this great loss. – Yakovov family

An amazing man
An amazing man
5 years ago

True example of a chassid. He will be sorely missed

Shayna Miller-Miltz He was my teacher & Rabbi
Shayna Miller-Miltz He was my teacher & Rabbi
5 years ago

When I was in Minnesota from Brooklyn, he was my main connection to Yiddishkeit and my one and only teacher!!! I will never forget all the lessons in Tanya & Jewish Philosophy, particularly, “The Little Prince”. He will always be my teacher there is no one like him on earth!!! I will miss him SOO much. I feel so sad right now but what a precious gift and legacy he left in my life!!!! ( I wrote this prior but didn’t put my name, I want the family to know of course Leah what a huge influence he continues to… Read more »

He was my Teacher!!!!!!!
He was my Teacher!!!!!!!
5 years ago

When I was in Minnesota from Brooklyn, he was my main connection to Yiddishkeit and taught me one on one. What a precious gift, one I will treasure for a lifetime!! I will miss you, but your legacy and those moments will live on. SOO sad!

Boruch dayan emes
Boruch dayan emes
5 years ago

Wow I’m really sad to hear that, I spent a year in Minnesota as a bochur and got to know and love him.
May the Giter family find comfort.

Efraim Rivkin
Efraim Rivkin
5 years ago

Boruch Dayan Hoemes! Such A real Chosid!

what a pleasant and optimistic chasid
what a pleasant and optimistic chasid

Ad mosai?

Baruch Dayan Haemes
Baruch Dayan Haemes
5 years ago

Rabbi Giter was an incredible man, and this is a loss for the entire community and the Lubavitch world because he helped and spread so much. I write this in tears.
Your neshama should have an aliya and Hashem should comfort the family.
Moshiach Now!!

5 years ago

Reuven, may hashem bless you with strength and simcha only.

Meir G.

ברוך דין האמת
ברוך דין האמת

המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבילי ציון בירושלים

Boruch dayin emes
Boruch dayin emes
5 years ago

Enough of this dark goulus

Bde
Bde
5 years ago

So very sorry to hear this sad news. May his neshama have an aliyah. May his memory always be for a blessing. May his mourners be comforted among the mourners of Israel.

5 years ago

המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבילי ציון בירושלים ולא תוסיפו לדאבה עוד.
Moshiach now

Baruch dayan haemes
Baruch dayan haemes
5 years ago

What a loss …what a loss…. May the family be comforted

Bde
Bde
5 years ago

Hashem should comfort the family.
He has a special yartzeit.

Sad
Sad

Boruch Dayan Haemes.

Dear Reb Reuven  - We are in pain for your loss
Dear Reb Reuven - We are in pain for your loss
5 years ago

May his Neshamah light up Gan Eden and may you find the strength to continue. Only future simchas and good tidings.

475 Crown St

Reuven
Reuven

I’m so so sorry

BDE sorry to hear
BDE sorry to hear
5 years ago

may his neshama have an aliyah
thinking of the entire family!

5 years ago

Rabbi Giter was someone who was an inspiration to everyone and his passion about the Rebbe was unbelievable. The way he spoke about his shichus and about the importance of being a chossid was relayed to people in such a touching way.

Impression
Impression
5 years ago

I never knew him but he seems like he was a very special person, a real pioneer and a real chosid. May we be re-united with him with Moshiach now!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x