MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 216, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, June 10, 2018 / 27 Sivan 5778 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
* Chassidus Applied to Gimmel Tammuz and Korach
* Lessons from Chof Ches Sivan
* Why don’t we speak about the details of Gimmel Tammuz as we do about Yud Shevat, Beis Nissan, Chof Dalet Teves etc.?
* Why don’t we appoint a new Rebbe?
* Did the Rebbe take responsibility for shluchim?
* How does the Rebbe answer us today? What is the meaning of going to the Ohel or writing into the Igros?
Follow-up (episodes 213-215):
* What is the difference between a sicha and a maamar?
* What can we do to improve our yeshiva system to work for all our students?
* ‘My teenage friends are drowning’: What can we do?
* Chassidus question: How do we understand the different statements the Rebbe made about Moshiach, the dor ha’shevii, the leader of the generation, and the Frierdiker Rebbe?
My Life 2018 essays: Free Will: How to Avoid Anger and Depression, Yosef Polter, 19, Baltimore, MD; Peace and Love Where the Streets are Paved with Plastic, Elka Melamed, 24, Chicago, IL; The End of Procrastination, Shterna Karp, 22, Brooklyn, NY
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.