MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 469, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, October 29, 2023 / 14 Cheshvan 5784 – 8:00-9:00PM ET
>>> Special Israel at War Edition <<<
Strength and Direction
- How to find strength and direction in these times?
- What are the treasures and secret weapons that can help us win today’s war?
- How are we to understand the Rebbe’s words that Israel is the safest place in the world?
- Is this like the war against Amalek, where we need to eradicate every last one of our enemies?
- Should we be concerned that our enemies are setting a trap for us?
Empowering Torah Portions
- How can living with the times – the weekly portions in Torah – help us in these times?
- What are the roots and the deeper inside story behind this war, and where do we find it in these weeks Torah portions?
- Can we gain strength from the holiday season that just ended?
- What does Simchas Torah – and its Torah reading – teach us about these terrible events?
o Can we learn anything from the end of the Torah reading and Rashi’s commentary about Moshe’s breaking the tablets?
o Did Moshe see G-d face to face?
- What can we learn from Parshas Bereishis:
o From Rashi on the first verse?
o From “let there be light”?
- What can we learn from Parshas Noach?
o How does the destruction of a “world filled with chamas” relate to our times today?
o Will the destruction of chamas cause the entire world to be destroyed as it was in the time of the flood?
o How do we build an ark today to protect us from the raging floodwaters?
o Should we have hooted when “chamas” was read in the Torah?
o What is the meaning of the verse in Isaiah 60:18 where it says chamas will never be heard from again in your land?
- What can we learn from Parshas Lech Lecha?
o What role does Abraham play in history?
o What lesson is there in “I will bless those that bless you”?
o How does the Brit Bein HaBetarim relate to today’s events?
o The birth of Yishmael – a wild man
- What can we learn from Parshas Vayeira?
- Are today’s conflicts a result of Yishmael being banished from Abraham’s home and the continuation of unresolved issues between Yitzchok and Yishmael?
- How could someone like Yishmael originate from the tzaddik Avraham?
- How is Yishmael still causing problems if Yishmael did teshuva later in his life?
- What do we learn from Abraham praying to save Sodom?
- Is there any significance to the fact the word for peace is similar in Hebrew and Arabic?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM ET, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask