As Chassidim around the world prepare for the milestone event celebrating 70 years of the Rebbe‘s leadership, Rabbi Sholom Ber Schapiro will present 3 special and unique programs in the “Historic Treasures” series on COLlive.com.
“Historic Treasures” is presented by Rabbi Schapiro, Director of the Nissan Mindel Publications (NMP), exclusively for COLlive.com.
Each program shares ‘treasures’ from the archives of Rabbi Schapiro’s father in law, Rabbi Dr. Nissan Mindel OBM, a prolific writer who served as a personal secretary of the 6th and 7th Chabad Rebbes.
The program uncovers fascinating stories, rare artifacts and precious documents from the Chabad-Lubavitch movement.
In the days leading up to Yud Shvat, Rabbi Schapiro will present 3 special episodes shedding light on the events that took place leading up to Yud Shvat, the special days in which the Rebbe accepted the nesius of the Chabad movement and the Chassidim’s response with a letter of hiskashrus, and the Rebbe’s historic first farbrengen.
PROGRAM 2: Events following Yud Shvat, 1951
• A never before published letter by the veteran Chossid, R’ Avraham Sender Nemtzov, written to the Rebbe 3 weeks after Yud Shvat, 1950
• His take on why the Rebbe hesitated to accept the nesius/leadership, and some convincing arguments in answer to the hesitation
PROGRAM 3: After Yud Shvat – 1951
• A letter of hiskashrus by the chassidim – declaring their connection and loyalty to the Rebbe
• A press report on the INAUGURATION OF THE REBBE – his acceptance of Chabad leadership, 1951
• This will include exhibiting the camera and movie camera used by Rabbi Mindel during the first Yud Shvat farbrengen, 1951.
• How the Ohel was built – some fascinating background facts.
The programs will take place on three consecutive Thursdays, beginning this week, 26 Teves.
If you missed it: PROGRAM 1: The events before Yud Shvat 1950