MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 279, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, October 6, 2019 / 7 Tishrei 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
>> Special Yom Kippur and Sukkos Edition <<
- Chassidus Applied to Yom Kippur and Sukkos
- Lessons from Vov Tishrei 55 years
- What is the meaning of Kol Nidrei?
- How do we understand the obligation of forgiveness?
- Why is the Chassidus of the Rebbe Maharash and the Tzemach Tzedek for the most part ignored?
- What is the Rebbe’s position on the State of Israel’s existence? How was it different from the positions of other Jewish leaders?
- Why is there a difference in the pronunciation of Hebrew words between older Chassidim and younger Chassidim?
- Is it appropriate to accept “outside help” from those who are Chagas or non-chasiddim in combating meshichism as a movement?
Follow up (episode 278): Ear piercing
Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain the sequence of the Tishrei holidays?
My Life 2019 essays:
?חיים בעולם המודרני ללא דאגות– הייתכן, Shoshana Glis, 22, Tel Aviv, Israel;
כיצד נתגבר על קשיים ולא נניח לעצבות לשלוט בחיינו, Chana Gavish, 19, Haifa, Israel;
זהות בדויה? זהות כפולה, Yosef Yitzchak Shloime Pevzner, 21, Beitar Illit, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask