MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 280, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, October 27, 2019 / 28 Tishrei 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
>> Special Post-Holiday Edition <<
· Chassidus Applied to End of Tishrei, post holidays, Cheshvan and Noach
· How can we be sure that other people have forgiven us, as G-d forgives us?
· During the High Holidays why is there more focus on our relationship with G-d than on our relationship with each other?
· What exactly is happening when the kohanim give the priestly blessing? Why are we not allowed to look at them blessing us?
· Why do we kiss the Rebbe’s Sefer Torah?
· What do you think has caused the unhealthy obsession with alcohol on Simchas Torah?
· How should we address drinking problems in communities and “Kiddish Clubs” in Shul?
· How to energize the holidays so that they not be boring?
· Can we make Tehilim and Chitas meaningful?
Follow up (episodes 278-279):
o Ear piercing
o Chassidus of the Rebbe Maharash and the Tzemach Tzedek
· Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain the great flood?
My Life 2019 essays:
o היום הראשון שאחרי הגירושים, Liraz Nachmias, 41, Mismeret, Israel
o כיצד מגשרים על הפער בין הרצוי למצוי על פי תורת החסידות, Menachem Mendel Arabov, 29, Eilat, Israel;
o אדם פנימי ורגוע, Yaakov Tzvi Kola, 44, Beitar Illit, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.