If you’re like my family, you go straight for the pizza after Passover. But after a week of entertaining and big meals, you probably don’t have the energy for anything too complicated.
Enter this silly simple pizza dough recipe. It mixes together in one bowl and you stretch it out on a sheet pan. It’s crazy easy, delicious, and with a little Red Star Platinum Yeast, almost foolproof.
Duration: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep time: 10 min
1 packet (¼ ounce) RED STAR® Platinum Yeast™
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups bread flour
1 cup marinara sauce
3 cups mozzarella cheese
Customized toppings (optional)
* Combine yeast, water and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
* Allow yeast to proof for five minutes and add 1 cup flour. Mix.
* Add olive oil, salt and remaining cup flour. Mix with a large fork until dough pulls from the sides of the bowl.
* Dust flour onto your hands and knead dough for two minutes until smooth.
* Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to sit in warm spot until doubled in size, about an hour.
* Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
* Lightly flour a sheet pan (10×14) and your hands and stretch out dough until it completely covers pan, leaving a bit of a crust around the edges.
* Ladle sauce on dough, top with shredded cheese and toppings of choice.
* Bake for twenty minutes until crust and cheese are golden brown.
Chopped brussels sprouts & parmesan cheese
Sauteed onions & peppers
Mushrooms & goats cheese
Feta, olives, oregano