This past Friday night there was a terrible fire in Crown Heights.
As the family were sitting down to eat Shabbos dinner, a major electrical fire broke out on the roof of their house.
Two families had to be evacuated—one was a senior couple, and the other was a family with several young children. The families are safe, B”H, but the fire broke through the roof, the ceilings were completely destroyed and you could see the sky from several rooms, windows were smashed. There was heavy damage to the home, as well as to all their possessions.
Ahavas Chesed is spearheading a fundraising campaign to raise $50,000 to urgently assist these two families. They have to be relocated to temporary quarters and pay rent for at least several months. The entire home has to be gutted out, new electrical wiring has to be installed, as well as a new roof and new windows. Although they have insurance, it will not pay for the entire reconstruction.
Please find it in your hearts to give generously to help our dear neighbors and friends who have suffered this tragedy and have been displaced from their homes. You can donate online at www.chesedcenter.com.
If you prefer, you can send a check made out to “Fire Disaster”, to Ahavas Chesed, 720 Lefferts Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity!