Shmira – CROWN HEIGHTS SAFETY PATROL
PURIM SAFETY TIPS
ונשמרתם מאד לנפשותיכם!
1. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Even one drink may impair your ability to drive, even if you feel fine. The consequences are severe. Drunk driving may cause injury or death ח”ו , and if caught, you will face jail time, fines, lawyer fees, and a revocation of driving privileges.
2. UNDERAGE DRINKING isn’t only illegal, it’s dangerous. You are responsible for the alcohol you serve to a minor. You do not know how much alcohol a person has consumed before visiting your house. Even a small drink may cause them to become sick. Do not be the cause of a person’s Purim being spent tied down to a bed in the hallway of the emergency room.
3. SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN, even in your own home. In between all of the dancing, music, drinking, and costumes, it is very easy for a child to be hurt by a stranger. Keep an eye on your children at all times. Only you are responsible for the welfare of your children.
4. SECURE ALL VALUABLES, including checks, jewelry, and cash. While most visitors are simply sharing in the Purim celebration, there are people that will try to take advantage of your generosity and trust.
5. TRUST YOUR JUDGMENT, if you feel a person doesn’t belong in your home, send them out. For emergency assistance call CHSP Shmira’s Hotline at718-221-0303. For medical emergencies, call Hatzolah of Crown Heights at 718-230-1000. For all emergencies, always dial 911.