MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 263, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, June 2, 2019 / 28 Iyar 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
e topics in this week’s 263rd episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Bamidbar and Shavuos
- Why do we eat dairy on Shavuos?
- Now that most of the world’s Jews live in Israel, should the focus shift from a disapora-centric Judaism to an Israel-centric Judaism?
- Why are we told more about the yetzer hara than the yezter tov?
- Should we be more sensitive to older singles when we bless them to find a shidduch
- According to Torah, are women permitted to vote?
- Should I be learning deeper maamorim in Chassidus? And if so, which?
- Follow up:
- Rabbi Akiva’s 24,000 students
- Chassidus question: What does Chassidus contribute to the understanding of Mattan Torah?
- My Life 2019 essay contest winners:
- במקום להתקשר, אולי פשוט נתקשר, Mushka Malka Dekel, 18, Yokneam, Israel
- דחף מול דחק, Orya Maimon, 21, Yokneam Illit, Israel
- תוכחה מלב אל לב– מצליחה, Chana Esther Cohen, 18, Ocean City, MD
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships.
To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.