Friday, 9 Iyyar, 5784
  |  May 17, 2024

Kabalah Yoga For the Masses

Lubavitcher Audi Gozlan, founder of Kabalah Yoga, released a new film about shaping the body into the Hebrew letters. Full Story, Video

Yahrtzeit of R’ Shmuel Schrage

Rabbi Greets U.S. Envoy

Some more words regarding comment 25
January 17, 2010 5:33 am

True Eli. I’m a yoga teacher myself and have been doing yoga for around 25 years. Yoga and its asanas (yoga postures) have nothing to do with avoda zarah. The postures in Hatha yoga refer a lot to animals, warriers, or things in the nature (a tree, etc.) but in no means in deeities or anything like that. Yoga is very popular everywhere in the world (I live in Europe, the Netherlands) and has been taught to people from all religions. Also the pranayama (the different forms of breathing) help you to gain energy and release stress as much as… Read more »

A small comment on # 25
January 2, 2010 6:10 pm

These days Yoga is a general term that is being used in any academic publications as a method of exercises for attaining physical and mental balance and really it’s not referring to Avodah Zarah. In my opinion it’s all about the intention…if we do Yoga and nourish that art with Kabalah to bring constant kavanah on ahavah hashem b.e.h we will turn any left-over –veness in our heart into +veness. Eli

brother
January 2, 2010 5:34 pm

go zalmy glassner amazing video production
you are top notch!!!!

WOW
January 2, 2010 2:29 pm

AMMAAZZIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

Yoga is postures to Hindu deities
January 2, 2010 1:12 pm

Why is Chabad using the word Yoga when it is Avodah Zarah? I’m sure that what Audi does is according to Judaism and the Rebbe, but calling it Kabbalistic Yoga, in my opinion is inappropriate.
From a Bubby who saw how the Indian gurus stole our Jewish children. Ram Das, the leader of a New Age cult is a Jew.

Yeshiva Bochur
January 2, 2010 11:59 am

I personally do yoga with Audi. It’s incredibly invigorating, and really makes you feel like something else. Thanks Audi.

audi
January 2, 2010 11:26 am

i do kabbalah yoga with audi and i can attest that it is an amazing experiance, it makes u fell your neshamh in ways you have never felt before…keep up the good work audi!!!!

Elchonon
January 1, 2010 9:22 am

You cannot make a proper keli without tapping inward.. to be batul n’mitzius is the goal but that does not mean we throw everything away. Precisely because chabad towers over chagas nehin..we use the intellectual 3 to live by and steer the lower 7 emotive attributes. We use the body as a keli.. meditation is what all masters of the spirit focused on.. What about all our chasidic rebbe’s that would go out to the fields to pour their hearts out to G-d ? The Rebbe placed great emphasis on a healthy and balanced body as a fusion to a… Read more »

Like the concept
January 1, 2010 9:19 am

Yoga has been referred to as an alternative medicine treatment in medical literatures and people have been benefiting from this art. However it’s quite interesting to notice that yoga postures are based on Hebrew alphabet and I believe that gives it another meaningful flavour.
Hebrew alphabet has always been important part of Kabalah and of course our fore father Abraham has talked about the energy of these holy alphabet so but spelling words of Torah you will eventually imprint the hidden energy of these words into your body and soul…I never thought of it ☺
Great work …

answer to #15
January 1, 2010 7:21 am

Indeed Kabalah is their to give us a greater awareness of Hashem . But, where does Hashem dwell if not within us? You and I and every other person is a temple for G-d’s presence and if we don’t see that, then their is something we are missing. “Our self” is a G-d Self and nothing else. At times that self may be blurred because of our challenges or limitations. However, with Kabalah and Chasidus inspiring and uplifting us, we can see this and “yes” bring healing to our mind, body and soul. Audi

cool
January 1, 2010 6:50 am

it makes you connect with hashem

AMAZING!!!!!!!
January 1, 2010 6:29 am

WOW THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!! IM SO HAPPY WITH UR PUBLICITY AND MAY MORE PEOPLE COME TO REALISE THE BENIFITS OF WHAT YOU’VE DISCOVERED!
leah.

inspiring
January 1, 2010 4:34 am

the spirituality, kabalistic gives me a feeling to want to do the yoga-

To 7
January 1, 2010 3:49 am

Huh what are you talking about?

A few thoughts - at first glance
January 1, 2010 2:06 am

Isnt kabbalah meant to give us a greater awarness of Hashem rather than ourselves?
Is Kabbalah there for us to use to “heal” ourselves?
And doesn’t Chassidus Chabad focus how the teachings of Kabbalah can give us a greater awarness of Achdus Hashem, through intellectual understanding?
Is there a source for using Kaballah in such a way?

Great job!
December 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Great job! You`re bringing something new to the world that will attract people from all walks of life. Remind your fans, that this is a G-DLY practice and not simply SPIRITUAL excercise, as it is directly related to the hebrew letters…i.e God! Keep it up!

Kol Hakavod!
December 31, 2009 4:32 pm

Thank you for introducing this medium of expression.

why barefoot
December 31, 2009 3:53 pm

very original, i just think it would be better to wear at leat thin socks especially the talis and tfillin scene

answer to #5
December 31, 2009 3:41 pm

Every Hebrew letter has a body and soul. The letter can also be understood at many levels. One way is to become the letter and tap into its healing power. Kabalah Yoga is a form of movement that allows you to feel the Hebrew letter physically, to embrace its energy with your legs, arms, muscles and bones and of course have a great workout ! Audi

out of shape
December 31, 2009 3:39 pm

I wish I could twist my body in to all those cool alef bais shapes!!

?????????
December 31, 2009 1:47 pm

i just don’t get it. great exposure for audi, though.

this looks great!
December 31, 2009 1:34 pm

I have to give a lot of credit to yoga 8 years ago for helping me calm my mind and soul so I could figure out what I needed to do (i.e. become frum), but then when I became frum, I rejected Yoga as Avodas Zara..

Now it looks like I can come full circle with a kosher version (I have more purpose but am less calm since I gave it up)…I was never sure other types of “kosher yoga” were really kosher…but this looks like the real deal.
Thanks for posting this story

to #4
December 31, 2009 12:13 pm

hey thats so funny – i looked at this post and right away thought how much Miss. Averbach will enjoy it!She definatly will be happy because she’s all into spiritual and yoga with aleph beis what could be better-what a surprise

we have to be careful
December 31, 2009 11:01 am

we are CHABAD chassidim and we have to me misbonen about Hashem, unlike breslov or other chasidim who focus on themselves. chabad chasidus also works on the individual but in a different way… by focusing on the greatness of ain sof!
may we all be keilim to live our lives permeated with Elokus, and be aware of the G-dliness in this world… the way the Rebbe does!
moshiach now!

i dont get it
December 31, 2009 10:57 am

how does shaping ur body into the alef bais help you become aware of yourself or do hisbonnus??
maybe s/o can explain…

cool
December 31, 2009 10:55 am

omg this is such a great way to do yoga . I have a teacher Miss Averbach and she specializes in spiritual meditations and things like this – thanks for posting this i will definatley show it to her. Good shabbos-

Elchonon
December 31, 2009 9:52 am

I love it, I just need subtitles 🙁

Ive been meditating for many many years in different forms.. But theres not much in terms of chabad.. I learnt alot from breslov especially in chevron where its the norm.

I’d also like to see perek shira become mainstream..

Rabbi aryeh kaplan in his “kabalah and meditation” touches on chabad chasidus.. the oft repeated term “l’hisbonen bimachshavto” see also kuntres hatefilah regarding meditation in davening.

The gemara says that a chasid davens for 3 hours, 1 hour before davening is preparation.. this was not drinking coffee but rather meditation.

Dr Audi Gozlan
December 31, 2009 9:43 am

you are our new inspration of meditation and a great workout owsome video!
Lots of luck audi :).