MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 220, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, July 8, 2018 / 25 Tammuz 5778 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 220th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
* Chassidus Applied to Rosh Chodesh Av and the Nine Days
* Lessons from Parshas Matos-Masei
* Summer tznius: Until what age is it acceptable for a boy to wear open shoes without socks?
* What’s our role and goal with summer camp?
* What are reasons why one would “go off the derech” and how can we influence him/her in a positive way?
* Do we celebrate our English birthdays?
* What does the Rebbe and Chassidus say about climate change and environmentalism?
Follow-up – Episode 219:
* Pushing off the fast
* Did the Rebbe say anything about July 4th?
* Who is our true parent: The Rebbe or our biological parents?
* Chassidus question: Is it an absolute that Moshiach must come in the next 221 years before the 7th millennium?
My Life 2018 essays: Not On Our Own, Shlomo Sherman, 42, Las Vegas, NV; The Positive Side of Atheism and the Way to Reveal It, Dovid Rub, 28, Chaifa, Israel; The Struggle is Real: Using Chassidus to Reframe Challenges, Chana Colin, 28, Philadelphia, PA
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.