MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 218, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, June 24, 2018 / 11 Tammuz 5778 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 218th episode:
* Chassidus Applied to Yud Beis-Yud Gimmel Tammuz
* Lessons from the 17th of Tammuz and Parshas Balak
* Should we use the Ziy”a title on the Rebbe?
* What are your thoughts about the border and immigration debate?
* Should children ever be separated from their parents?
* How to trust and become a tougher person?
* Is it acceptable to read quality secular books, or must we resign ourselves to Jewish books of poor literary quality?
Follow-up (episodes 215-216):
* Does it make sense to spend Shabbos at the Ohel?
* Recording the events of Gimmel Tammuz
* Chassidus question: Beautifying mitzvot: Why at times do we beautify mitzvot and at other times insist on keeping them simple, saying that the mitzvah itself is beautiful without frills? Is a Mitzvah itself beautiful or does beauty come from a higher place?
* My Life 2018 essays: Self-Worth and Selflessness, Rivka Goldenberg, 17, Brooklyn, NY; Iggeres Hakodesh 11, Dinush Vogel, 37, Ashkelon, Israel; A New ERA: Success, Perfection, and the Paradox of the Human Mind, Dovi Paltiel, 20, Laguna Niguel, CA
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.