Duration: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
FOR THE STIR FRY:
1 pound chicken breast, cut into strips
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 zucchini, sliced one inch thick (1 1⁄2 cups)
1 large carrot sliced 1⁄2-inch thick (1 cup)
Pinch of salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/4 cup Lipton ® Kosher chicken soup mix
1⁄2 cup hot water
1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Mix the chicken with the cornstarch, then salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat canola oil on medium heat in a wok or large sauté pan.
3. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook for ten minutes until strips are golden brown on both sides.
4. Remove chicken from pan and add the red onions, broccoli, zucchini and carrots.
5. While vegetables are sautéing, combine all sauce ingredients.
6. Stir vegetables for three minutes, add chicken that was set aside and sauce.
7. Cook for ten minutes on medium heat until everything is combined.
8. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
9. Top with toasted sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information for one serving: 238 calories, 8 g fat, 43 mg cholesterol, 1896 mg sodium, 172 mg potassium, 20 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 20 g protein.
As seen in the JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine – Subscribe Now