MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 289, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 29, 2019 / Zos Chanukah, 2nd day Rosh Chodesh Teves 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
>> Special Zos Chanukah/Hei Teves Edition <<
· Chassidus Applied to Zos Chanukah
· Why is it called “Zos Chanukah”?
· Is Zos Chanukah the end of judgment of Rosh Hashana?
· What do the Chanukah flames “tell us”?
· How can we maintain the Chanukah energy after the holiday and not feel down?
· Lessons from Hei Teves and Vayigash
· What exactly are we celebrating on Hei Teves?
· If Hei Teves established that the seforim belong to the Chassidism, why is the library not open to the public?
· Is it okay to give any relevance to the secular New Year?
· Why doesn’t Judaism have a mechanism to remove corrupt people in power, such as elections, impeachment, or other checks and balances?
Chassidus question: What is Zos Chanukah according to Chassidus?
My Life 2019 essays:
Living in the ‘Perfect’ Moment. Living with the Messiah, Yechiel Belfer, 42, Victoria, Australia;
הדרך להצליח ולהתמיד ביישום החלטות לשיפור אישי, Menachem Mendel Ashkenazi, 19, Kfar Chabad, Israel;
החסידות ככלי עזר למטפל, Tammy Kuperman, 51, Ramat Gan, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.