MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 288, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 22, 2019 / 24 Kislev 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
>> Special Chanukah Edition <<
· Chassidus Applied to Chanukah
· What was the dispute between the Jews and the Greeks?
· How do we explain the victory of Chanukah when in the end Greek secularism seems to have prevailed in modern times?
· What is the halachik and hashkafic explanation for public menorahs?
· Lessons from Miketz
· How do we explain the seemingly unacceptable behavior of the tribes?
· If you don’t like someone, is it better to be two-faced and speak nicely to the person, or behave like the tribes who couldn’t speak to Yosef?
· Since the purpose of Chassidus is to apply it to our lives, why was there a “kitrug” to prevent this?
· Why don’t we follow the Alter Rebbe’s directive to recite psalm 119 weekly?
Follow up (episode 284-286):
o Rochel and Leah
· Chassidus question: What is the concept of olives according to Chassidus?
My Life 2019 essays:
I’ll Do It Later, Shmuly Katzoff, 16, Brooklyn, NY;
Separateness That Leads to Closeness, Levi Berger, Bal Harbour, FL;
The Three Tricks in a Chassid’s Basket, Ben Diamond, 34
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.