MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 311, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, May 31, 2020 / 8 Sivan 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 311th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Post-Shavuos and Nasso regarding our challenges today
- What should be our perspective on the latest violent protests in cities across the U.S.?
- Lessons from the Aseres Hadibros for our times
- Programs and resources for these trying and unprecedented times
- Why should we believe that G-d is good in the same sense that we understand what ‘good’ is?
- What do you think about the spiritual awakening brought on by the upheaval?
- How to manage your life when things are chaotic?
- Does the coronavirus have any connection with Moshiach?
- With the world turned upside down and everyone struggling to adapt to the new reality, does our work now remain the same as before?
- Is there a miracle in the past that we can recount to help us today?
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
Also at: chassidusapplied.com/mlc-tv