Mrs. Gitty Rappoport will be the presenter of a new Yom Tov Recipe Series brought to you by community news service COLlive.com and Kettle & Cord, a home essentials store in Crown Heights.
Rappoport grew up in Boro Park, Brooklyn in a Chassidic family. She resides in Crown Heights with her husband and children and is an inspiring speaker to women and girls.
In this new online series, Rappoport will be presenting 10 recipes over the next 6 weeks to make your Yom Tov more delicious and festive for the exciting month of Tishrei 5778.
For this week’s recipe, Rappoport is joined by her daughter Tzivi to present a delicious white truffle cauliflower soup that is a hit with all ages – including kids.
White Truffle Cauliflower Soup
– 2 heads of cauliflower Or 2 bags frozen cauliflower
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 head of garlic
– 2 white onions (diced)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 4 cups soy milk
– 1 container vegetable broth
– 4 tbsp white truffle oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
• Preheat the oven to 400. Slice the top off the head of garlic and drizzle some olive oil on it. Wrap well in silver foil and roast in oven for 40 minutes.
• Heat some olive oil in a large pot at the diced onions and sauté until translucent. Add the cauliflower, milk, and broth. Squeeze out the cloves of garlic from their peels and add to the pot with the truffle oil and salt and pepper.
• Cook on a medium flame for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is very mushy. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
• Serve with a drizzle of truffle oil and some chopped parsley as a garnish.