I am writing this article to make people aware of this problem.
On August 11, 2018, my mother’s aid stole my safe with the Rebbe’s dollars, all my important papers, jewelry and whatever irreplaceable items in it.
We contacted Shmira, the police, and a private detective.
The private detective told me that there is nothing he can do because I called the thief and warned her to return the safe. Shmira tried but said this is a police department job. The detective in the 71 Precinct told me that the aid had an excuse for every question he asked her.
We obtained videos of the women walking with my safe that she placed into a pamper box, on Montgomery Street for 3 Avenue blocks.
She dropped it off on Malbone behind tall bushes where the camera was not able to see her.
This was certainly premeditated and planned out well.
The detective told me that I don’t have a case because NO one saw her steal it.
My elderly mother saw her lift the safe. But that was not enough evidence according to the detective.
The woman is here only a few years from Uzbekistan and knows the system well.
She has no fear of the government, and is going about her life freely.
This is a HUGE TRAVESTY of the Judicial system!
I am writing this article to warn everyone reading this :
1. Have Kosher Mezuzos and check them yearly.
2. PURCHASE INSURANCE AS SOON AS YOU MOVE INTO YOUR HOME!
3. Always make copies of all your House Deeds, credit cards, stocks and bonds, passports, and anything of value. Place it in a different place or give it to a relative for safekeeping.
4. Take pictures of all your jewelry, have it appraised and get insurance.
5. Check the bags of all your outside help: cleaning help, aids, or anyone
who has access to any room in your house.
6. Install cameras, outside and inside the home: It’s a deterrent!
Check what’s happening in your home on your phone.
7. Hire a private detective with a good reference IMMEDIATELY!
8. Secure your safe, or have an alarm attached to it.
9. Even if you have the same help for many years they can still steal your precious things: clothing, food, shoes, jewelry, silver or anything they desire.
10. Be suspicious of everyone! Do not trust anyone!
May Hashem protect all of Klal Yisrael!