The K-Factor podcast is produced by CHYE – Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs in partnership with community news website COLlive.com.
The K-Factor offers business wisdom that can help future business leaders to make the “Keli” (the Hebrew word for vessel) so they can grow their business aspirations.
This is the 3rd of a 5 part series on financial literacy
Buy a Home
Chaim Druin, President and CEO Claria Life and Health Insurance Company, shares his journey and his passion to see as many people as possible purchase a new home to live in.
In this interview:
· Put your family first
· Why buy a home
· 1st time home purchase incentives
· Understanding PMI
· Call on the favor
· The power of low interest rates
· Work on your Credit Score
· Find a creative way to make it work
Two important corrections to the interview
– For first-time homebuyers using FHA 3% down it is not limited to a $400,000 purchase price depending on where you are looking it can be considerably higher.
– If you take on a co-signer it is not for life. After a couple of years, you refinance and take out the co-signer.
To recommend someone for an interview and to reach Rabbi Werde, email [email protected]