MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 292, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, January 19, 2020 / 22 Teves 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
- Announcing the 6th annual MyLife: Chassidus Applied Essay Contest, with a new creative track
- Chassidus Applied to 24 Teves and Vaeira
- How to prepare for the approaching 70th anniversary of the Rebbe’s leadership?
- Is there any basis to the idea that the work of the seventh generation is ishapcha (transformation), not iskafya (refrain)?
- How long is the 7th generation?
- What was Moshe’s birth name given by his parents, and why is that name not the one we use?
- Is there anything wrong with secular studies?
- Why is studying science not like studying Torah, since they both come from G-d?
Follow up (episode 284-291):
- Moreh Nevuchim
- Rational Judaism
- What do we accomplish through our work when the ikker shechina was on earth at the beginning of creation?
My Life 2019 essays:
Self Worth for the Ultimate Self, Mushkie Lipszyc, 21, North Miami, FL;
Reach from Within, Michal Uryash, 19, Miami Beach, FL;
Instant Me, Esther Rivkah Rodal, 16, Johannesburg, South Africa
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.