MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 265, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, June 23, 2019 / 20 Sivan 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 265th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Shelach
- How do I find a mashpia? How can we create a more organized and reliable system for identifying and finding an appropriate mashpia?
- What distinguishes between different kosher certifications? Should I be choosing one over another?
- Should I accept a once-in-a-lifetime offer to play a role in a TV show?
- How should I deal with same-gender attraction?
- Is same-gender relationships prohibited for females as it is for men?
- What to do about social anxiety in everyday life?
- How to reconcile the seemingly conflicting statements about enjoying life’s pleasures
- Follow up: Dating a meshichist, Anti-Semitism
- Chassidus question: In Chinuch Katan the Alter Rebbe writes that we generate love to Hashem by contemplating on how G-d took us out of Egypt. But how can that elicit love when He also put us there?
My Life 2019 essays:
- Apathy – Who Cares? Shaina Slavin, 19, Sydney, Australia
- הכח לסלוח, Chava Gelman, 19, Rishon Letzion, Israel
- Reshaping Your Beliefs, Avrohom Friedberg, 51, Toronto, Canada
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask