Create Account
ב"ה
Tuesday, 15 Sivan, 5779
  |  June 18, 2019

    ‘Tablet’ Tags Along With Chabad

    The hosts of the "Unorthodox" podcast tagged along with Chabad to see what it's like to ask the famous question, "Hi, are you Jewish?" Full Story, Audio

    A Welcome to New NYPD Chief

    Next Story »

    Artist Wows Swerdlov Camp

    11
    Opinions and Comments

    To keep track of your comments, follow a conversation or flag a comment Login
    avatar
      Subscribe  
    newest oldest most voted
    Notify of
    Partners
    Guest
    Partners

    I am partners with several NON-JEWS (who are pretty influential) who once told me whats with thse kids at the Rv’s when they reply to the kids they ate NOT Jewish they just run away… I think its a BIG issue !

    to #1
    Guest
    to #1

    breath… there are bigger issues in the world!

    non-jews
    Guest
    non-jews

    that is what Noahide cards are for!

    Excuse me!
    Guest
    Excuse me!

    Don’t say anything negative about Mivtzoyim. Several times, bochurim had not-so-positive experiences in outreach with me, and I eventually, in my own sweet time, became a full-fledged Lubavitcher B”H.

    this is just beautiful
    Guest
    this is just beautiful

    thank you to all involved

    coolest chevrah!
    Guest
    coolest chevrah!

    kol hakavod!

    beautiful!!!
    Guest
    beautiful!!!

    That was so interesting! Thank you!
    I
    t brought happy memories of when I did that with my friends many years ago. May I add that it seems most appropriate for guys to approach the guys and for girls and women to approach the girls… the girls would feel more comfortable.

    To #2 and #4
    Guest
    To #2 and #4

    Great. Doesn’t change the fact that Mivtzoyim training should be a thing. On the job experience gets 70% of it done. The other 30% (how to approach, how to react, how to be confident, etc.) really should be taught by schools and Yeshivas. A simple once per year course is enough. I’m saying that as a successful bachur-shliach who had to learn how to do mivtzoyim the hard way.

    Very Interesting!
    Guest
    Very Interesting!

    what a great idea! To see how other people feel about doing mitzvot in the street!
    But didn’t The Rebbe say that boys should teach boys and girls teach girls?! It is not very tzniut for boys to speak to girls on the street, Let the girls speak to girls!

    Hashgacha pratis
    Guest
    Hashgacha pratis

    We were out camping last night and bumped into the editor of this podcast!!

    8 training
    Guest
    8 training

    indeed, mivtzoyim doesn’t just give another Jew the opportunity to do a mitzva. It trains the chossid himself to:
    -always see anyone as possibly Jewish no matter what he looks like
    -to confront fear and social awkwardness when dealing with the unknown
    -to always act like a mentch

    X