MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 278, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, September 22, 2019 / 22 Elul 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
>> Special Rosh Hashana Edition <<
· Chassidus Applied to Rosh Hashana 5780
· Lessons from 25 Elul and Netzavim
· Since a person’s amount of income is determined on Rosh Hashana, does it make any difference how many hours we invest in work?
· Can we call G-d a “She”?
· If the Torah forbids tattooing because one’s body belongs to G-d, why then is ear piercing or other body piercing allowed?
· How can I find kosher Jewish poetry to replace poetry coming from other sources?
· Should women be drinking l’chaim?
Follow up (episode 276): Images of women
Chassidus question: 1) Was the creation in Tishrei or in Nissan? 2) Tanya Iggeres Hakodesh 16: Since charity is considered a loan to G-d, isn’t G-d’s manifold repayment a form of ribis (interest), which is forbidden?
My Life 2019 essays:
Plagued by Indecision: How to Make the Right Choices, Leah Goldman, 21, Oklahoma City, OK;
איך לא לדחות למחר- ב3 מדרגות, Dani Faivish, 19, Naharia, Israel;
אין שום דבר קבוע ותמידי מלבד השינוי, Bracha Roitenburd, 19, Chadera, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.