MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 472, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, November 19, 2023 / 6 Kislev 5784 – 8:00-9:00PM ET
>>> Special Israel at War Edition <<<
Strength and direction
· Are we just fighting a defensive war, or do we have a vision for the future?
· What is the spiritual, cosmic and psychological nature of this war?
· What is the true role of Israel and the Jewish people, why are they integrally connected, and what crucial mission must they bring to the entire world?
What lessons can we learn from the Rebbe regarding this crisis?
· How to deal with a sworn enemy: Peace through strength and truth
· Nip an infection in the bud: Preemptive actions
· Should we consider public opinion?
· The battle – rooted in the house of Abraham – is about fulfilling what G-d wants of humanity
· We are in the final stages of golus, ready to usher in the redemption
· What should this war teach us? And how should we respond?
· What is the best response to antisemitism?
· How should we respond to the current historic wake-up call?
What can we learn from the teachings of the Mitteler Rebbe to give us chizuk during this time of war?
· Lessons from the Franco-Russian War of 1812 and its spiritual implications
· Today we have the power to transform the world of Esau and Ishmael
· The role of Chassidus in the unfolding drama
· How we must move from being reactive to being proactive
· What practical actions should we be initiating and inspiring others with?
· Is there a spiritual action that can be taken right now to speed up the redemption of our captives in Gaza?
Is it possible that Moshiach did not yet come because we still do not have complete unity? Especially considering the sickening sight of Jews marching with the enemy?
· Should we celebrate our redemption from this time of difficulty in advance?
· Should we have a Simchas Torah sheni?
Reactions to the rally
· Will we be helped by the unity and good resolutions at the rally?
· How can you not appreciate the contrast of our peaceful rallies and the enemies aggressive ones?
· Is it appropriate to protest against the enemy, or should we just focus on the positive?
Kiddush Hashem: Beauty of the Jews
· Unprecedented love
· Ushering in the New Year with unity and song
Empowering Torah Portions
· How does the Torah story of Jacob’s journey to Charan help us understand today’s events?
· What is the personal application of Jacob leaving Beer Sheva and traveling to Charan?
· What is the historical significance of Jacob’s ladder?
· How do we gain strength from G-d assuring Jacob to not be afraid, and that his children will inherit the land and spread across the earth?
· What do we learn from Jacob building his family in Charan, not in Israel?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM ET, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask