MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 241, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 23, 2018 / 15 Teves 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 241st episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
* Chassidus Applied to 20 Teves and Parshas Shemos
* How can we understand and want to emulate Yaakov Avinu’s troubling life?
* How would the Rebbe approach the current issue of government trying to change our education system?
* Is it appropriate to sing niggunim in the bathroom?
* Is it proper for a chosid to use a fitbit to track his exercise accomplishments?
* Questions about G-d
Follow-up (episodes 238-239):
* Empowering women
* Revealing one’s past in shidduchim
Chassidus question: Is G-d’s “desire” (nisaveh) to have a home in the lowest of worlds rooted in Atzmus or in giluiim?
My Life 2018 essays:
* You Are A Gift, Gitel Chana Levin, 62, New Haven, CT
* Live Every Moment Anew, Yosef Yizchak Shlome Pevzner, 20, Beitar Illit, Jerusalem, Israel
* Regaining Control Over Your Life, Menachem Mendel Chamu (חמו), 25, Tzfat, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.
In Honor of Yossi Samuels upon his 50th birthday on the 16th of Teves. Wishing him all the brochos. Dedicated by his friends and classmates