By COLlive reporter
The amount of Chabad Shluchim operating around the world is an impressive 4,553 couples dedicating their time to building and strengthening Jewish life and practice.
Many of them will be attending this week’s International Kinus Hashluchim convention that is taking place in Brooklyn, New York, and culminating in a gala banquet in New Jersey.
The Shluchim Office has listed the ones who most recently embarked on Shlichus:
* Rabbi Zalman and Libby Groner have settled in Metairie, Louisiana to service the Jewish community there. They join the Chabad Jewish Center of Suburban New Orleans, directed by Rabbi Yossie and Chanie Nemes.
* Rabbi Leibel and Malka Jacobson, moved to Ames, a city located in the central part of Story County, Iowa. They will be servicing the Jewish students at Iowa State University, as well as the Jewish Community of Ames.
* Rabbi Dovi and Shula Begun moved to Brickell in Downtown Miami, Florida, on their new shlichus. They will focus on classes and programming for YJP Miami – Young Jewish Professionals Miami.
* Rabbi Mendy and Fruma Bresinger, moved out to Montreal, Quebec, on their new Shlichus. They join the growing staff of Chabad Zichron Kedoshim, led by Rabbi Ronnie and Simcha Fine.
* Rabbi Levi and Mushka Pinson moved out to Berlin, Germany, on their new shlichus. The couple will be serving the students on campus as part of Chabad Berlin.
* Rabbi Meir and Mushki Shmotkin moved out to east of San Francisco and established Chabad of Alameda, California. He was born in Milwaukee and has years of experience in outreach, while she was raised in Bournemouth, England has a passion for teaching. They are joined by their children Rochel and Mendel.