By Libby Herz
The walls are washed in a relaxing shade of white. Soft music permeates the studio as a delicate lavender aroma immediately calms the senses. Wooden vases and pampas grass adorn the stately windows. A tranquil hush falls over Maayan Skin and Laser Spa. It is an island of calm.
Maayan Albaliya hails from Israel. “We take beauty and relaxation seriously there,” she says. But when she moved to America, she noticed a lack of quality laser studios to provide women with permanent hair removal. Although there is a nail salon on almost every street, quality laser hair removal is nearly impossible to find.
Laser hair removal is the best hair removal method because it is long-term, and saves time, money, and it is relatively painless. Yet, Crown Heights women and girls are forced to drive out of the community for this basic beauty service. “Women need to travel forty-five minutes for a laser appointment,” Maayan says. “Including the drive there and back, the whole day has passed by the time you get home.”
Seeing the urgency for high quality beauty services within Crown Heights, Maayan decided to fill that need. After a year of study at a top esthetician school, she is now a fully licensed esthetician. In 2021, she began renovations, and has since created a welcoming space for women to take care of their beauty and wellness.
Maayan’s warm and caring demeanor makes women of all ages feel comfortable. “For a lot of girls, it’s the first time they’ve tried laser. They’re stressed or nervous because they’re scared that it hurts, but we do a test-run in the beginning. You can go home and decide if you’d like to continue.” She also gives breaks or slows the process when necessary. “I want it to be a good experience,” she says.
Delighted customers recommend Maayan Skin and Laser Spa to all their friends. “I saw such great results,” says Sarah, a resident of Crown Heights. “Plus, I saved so much time and money. It was one of my best decisions.”
“Women in our generation are constantly distracted,” Maayan says. “There’s family, work, and so many responsibilities. We all need some time to take care of ourselves.”
Whether it’s a hairline that needs lasering or other facial and body hair, Maayan’s laser treatment is suitable for all skin types. Her Candela Gentle Max Pro uses powerful, state-of-the-art laser technology for proven results. The treatment is fast, efficient, and convenient with sessions lasting as short as possible. Results can be seen from the first session, and they improve with each additional session. Typically, hair removal is permanent by the sixth through twelfth session.
Sessions are very reasonably priced, and various packages are offered including an unlimited 5-year package, and a free sixth session.
In addition to laser treatment, Maayan provides quality facials and extractions for skin types ranging from acne to mature skin. Opt for the professional facial and neck massage for a thoroughly relaxing experience, and Indulge yourself with skin care products containing the purest ingredients, available only through licensed estheticians. Products range from cleansers to toners, moisturizers, serums, and masks.
Maayan provides tips for the harsh, winter months:
- Never go to sleep with makeup on. Wearing makeup at night clogs the pores. Skin goes through cycles, and it must relax at night. Wearing makeup to bed is often the cause of blackheads, whiteheads, and early aging.
- Never pick your face or pop pimples. Popping and picking at your face causes bacteria to spread and causes scarring.
- Don’t forget your neck. After many years, our face may still look young, but some people forget that the neck is part of the face. Remember to spread all your facial products towards your neck, as well.
- Wear SPF 30+ every day. We are constantly surrounded by light from the outdoors, windows, and our phones. All this increases pigmentation, signs of aging, and can even lead to skin cancer.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. This will give your skin a healthy appearance.
- A nourishing mask packed with vitamins and antioxidants will alleviate dehydration and pigmentation.
- Use high-quality skin products such as hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the skin; its job is to provide the skin with collagen and elasticity. But as we age, the body produces less and less, causing the skin to look thinner.
Recharge at Maayan Skin and Laser Spa. Book an appointment at 1-646484-8171. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10-7, and Sunday 12-5 pm. Ask about even more convenient after hours. Gift certificates are available.
• 489 Schenectady Avenue (Between maple and Midwood).
• Follow as on Instagram maayan_albaliya
• Contact us on WhatsApp:
* To book an appointment click here