MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 286, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 8, 2019 / 10 Kislev 5780 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
· Chassidus Applied to Yud Kislev and Vayishlach
· Marriage lessons from Yud Dalet Kislev: 91st anniversary of the Rebbe and Rebbetzin’s wedding
· How should a person decide whom to marry?
· Who should people invite to their wedding?
· What is the bare minimum amount of people that should be at the wedding?
· How long should the wedding be?
· What should people do at their or other people’s weddings if they don’t like to dance?
· How do we explain all the deception found in these Torah chapters: Yaakov and Rivkah deceiving Yitzchak; Laban and Rochel deceiving Yaakov?
· Why did Rochel pass away after having children?
· If we cannot release ourselves from our spiritual fetters, how can the techniques in Tanya help us?
· Is ahavas yisroel only a means to an end to make someone more frum?
Follow up (episode 284-285):
o Rambam: 3 chapters or 1?
o Labor pains
o Blessing on a king
Chassidus question: Is our world the destination or the antechamber?
My Life 2019 essays:
How to Love and not to Judge, Mina Zalmanov, 19, Hollis Hills, NY;
Your Future’s In Your Hands, Minna Phillips, 19, Worcester, MA;
Happiness Explained, Sholom Raitport, 17, Brooklyn, NY
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.