MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 248, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, February 10, 2019 / 5 Adar I 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
* Chassidus Applied to Zayin Adar I and Tetzaveh
* Should I be concerned over an ominous chain letter I received?
* Are their guidelines for using hypnosis to treat mental health?
* Will we be able to have children in the world to come?
* When a yeshiva sends students as shluchim to other yeshivos, is it considered as if the Rebbe is sending them, or as a faculty decision (which could be mistaken)?
* What boundaries should be kept when single girls have male teachers?
* Mental health referrals (episodes 243-244)
* Nursing (episode 245)
* Can anyone publish the Rebbe’s talks? (episodes 246-247)
* Not listening to the Rebbe (episode 247)
* Abortion (episode 247)
* How does chassidus explain the prohibition of abortion?
* Shaming abusers (episodes 202-204)
Chassidus question: How do you explain the idea of mokom aron ayno min ha’midah – the “space of the ark is not (included) in the dimensions (of the Holy of Holies),” i.e. did not occupy space? – Part II
My Life 2018 essays:
* Understanding and Dealing with Events, Chana Shpiegel, 36, Jerusalem, Israel
* Chassidus Lessons from Physical Therapy, Yechezkal Shimon Gutfreund, 62, Brighton, MA
* Letting Go with Love: Resolving the Paradox of Ahavas Yisroel, Sasha Balofsky, 29, Philadelphia, PA
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.