MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 264, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, June 16, 2019 / 13 Sivan 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 264th episode of the highly acclaimed popular MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
- Chassidus Applied to Post Shavuos and Behaalosecho
- How and who produced the Hanochos — transcripts – of the Rebbe’s talks?
- What does Torah and Kabbalah say about reincarnation and communication with past lives?
- Should being a meshichist/saying Yechi be relevant when choosing a shidduch?
- How much time should a chosson and kallah be in contact with each other during their engagement?
- As a mother of young children how can I daven properly with the right intentions?
- Follow up:
- Israel-centric Judaism
- Chassidus in depth
- Chassidus question: Is the long golus a result of baseless hatred or the fact that we are weak souls?
- My Life 2019 essays:
- הנתינה לאחר ככלי לשינוי עצמי, Michal Torenheim, 17, Beitar Illit, Israel
- I’m Not a Doormat; The Quality of Self Confidence, Sarale Benshimon, 30, Montreal, Canada
- Back and Forth, Chana Lazar, 20, Montreal, Canada
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.