MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 244, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, January, 13 2019 / 7 Shevat 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
· Chassidus Applied to Yud Shevat and chapter 9 of Basi L’Gani
· Chassidus question: What lessons do we learn from chapter 9, especially in connection with it being the beginning of the 70th Year of the Rebbe’s leadership?
· Why does Abraham get credit for discovering and promoting one G-d?
· I’m having difficulties coping with the tragedies and hardships in my life. Can you give me some inspiration and direction?
· There is probably no more than one Benoni (according to Tanya) for every 100 million people on earth. How could G-d create a world with expectations that are clearly not attainable?
· Response to request for mental health specialist references
· Is The Emotion Code book by Dr. Bradley Nelson in line with Judaism and Chassidus?
Follow-up (episodes 241-242):
· Teenagers drowning
· Emulating Yaakov
· Singing in the restroom
My Life 2018 essays:
· Freedom from the Forces that Enslave Us, Levy Yitzchak Naki, 19, Hertzaliya, Israel
· How to Properly Treat your Wife, Rachel Rosen, 68, Astoria, NY
· A New Approach to Life’s Challenges, Shneur Itzinger, 21, Oak Park, MI
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.