MyLife MP3s are available to download from ChassidusApplied.com. Become a free member today and receive unlimited Mylife MP3 downloads.
The topics in this week’s 304th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
· Can you please give us more Torah/Chassidic perspective on the approach we should be taking in dealing with this unprecedented quarantine?
· As a single, I find the loneliness unbearable. Please share some advice?
· How can a lockdown in our homes be seen as an opportunity?
· What possible benefit can the disruption of our routines offer?
· Chassidus applied to Acharon Shel Pesach especially in this time
· What is the significance of Moshiach’s seudah on the last day of Pesach?
· Does the coronavirus have any connection with Moshiach?
· What does Shabbos HaGadol mean today?
· With a temporary loss of smell do I make the blessing on spices during havdalah?
· Is it permissible to shave one’s beard during coronavirus so that a protective mask will have a better seal?
· What can be done about those fools endangering others?
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
In what has now become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied addresses questions that many people are afraid to ask and others are afraid to answer. When asked about the sensitive topics he has been addressing, Rabbi Simon Jacobson commented, “I understand that the stakes are high and great care has to be taken when speaking openly, but the silence and lack of clarity on matters plaguing the community can no longer go unaddressed. The stakes of not providing answers are even higher.”
The on-going series has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
In inimitable “Jacobson-fashion”, the broadcast answers people’s questions in simple, clear language while being heavily sourced. Each episode is jam-packed with eye-opening advice from the Rebbeim, gleaned from uncovering surprising gems in their letters, sichos and maamorim that address our personal issues with disarming relevance. Simultaneously, Rabbi Jacobson is able to crystallize a concept quickly, succinctly, and poignantly for any level of listener.
All episodes are immediately available for viewing in the MLC’s archive and can be downloaded as MP3s for listening on the go.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
Also at: chassidusapplied.com/mlc-tv