My wife Chani and I are celebrating five years of directing the Friendship Circle of Brooklyn and as a reader of this website, you have seen the Friendship Circle’s programs and events up close, and seen it grow exponentially.
It is now, as we embark on year six that we are so happy to share the “biggest” step yet! We have just signed a lease for a 1700 SF space, the children and young adults with special needs finally have a home of their own!
The new space will enable us to not just offer new programs, but enhance our already full roster, including:
· Weekly Shabbos Minyan (New space will offer a ladies section for our older girls to join)
· Zumba and Dance Studio (New space will enable us to offer more than once a week)
· After School Clubs – an inclusive program for typical and children with special needs (New Initiative only available with new space)
· Cooking and Learn-a-Life-skill classes. (the food cooked will then be used for our Shabbos Kiddush, bringing it all full circle) – New Initiative
· Volunteer Club Meetings – New Initiative
· Sibling Circle
· Boys Aerobics
Here is the catch:
This new project will add an additional 25 % to the overall FC budget, besides basic renovations and furnishing the space with the equipment and furniture needed, just the monthly rent alone is a significant commitment.
Get Us Through the Door
On Sunday, September 17th, we will be partnering with Charidy, an online crowdfunding platform, to raise $150,000. For just ONE day, your gift will be quadrupled by some very generous partners. But, here’s the catch, it’s all or nothing. If we do not reach our campaign goal within 24 hours, all donations will be returned.
Save the date
Share this campaign with your family and friends
I thank you for your support till now, and I hope and pray your generosity will extend now with us, as we expand and grow into the next phase of FCBKLN!
Wishing you and your family a Ksiva Vachasima Tova, A Gut Gebentcht Yohr!
Rabbi Berel Majesky
P.S. Add this temporary image to your facebook profile and help spread the word!