MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 475, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 10, 2023 / 27 Kislev 5784 – 8:00-9:00PM ET
>>> Special Israel at War Edition <<<
The topics in this week’s 475th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
How Chanukah provides us with strength and direction these trying times
- What lessons do the lights of Chanukah offer us?
- Why do we celebrate the war victory with lighting candles?
- What do we learn from the length of time which the Chanukah lights must burn – “until the feet of the Tarmudoi have ceased”?
- Is there a connection between the dreidel and Moshiach?
- Who was Antiochus and why did he have a problem with the Jews doing Torah and Mitzvos?
- What is the spiritual difference between Shammai and Hillel’s opinion on how we light the Chanukah candles?
- Why don’t we light two separate menorahs to cover Shammai and Hillel’s opinions?
- Can we glean different military strategies from their opinions?
- If Zos Chanukah is the true essence of Chanukah being the brightest day, how do we reconcile that with Beis Shammai’s opinion that we light only one candle on that day?
- Do our Biblical enemies, like Antiochus and Amelek, actually manifest today or are they more symbolic?
Empowering Torah Portions
- How does the story of Joseph help us understand today’s events?
Dealing with the enemy
- How can we counter all the confusion today?
- What can we do to deprogram and re-educate Muslim/Arab civilians?
- Can we trust the enemy?
Can you share details about your meeting with the Argentinian president?
How Does the Story End?
- Do the prophets foretell current events?
- Should we be studying these prophecies?
- Which ones most vividly describe today’s events?
- Was it in a form of prophecy, or were they wise men who could discern patterns and predict the future?
- Can we apply the prophesies in the Book of Daniel to our times?
- Is there anywhere in the Torah that says this war will be called operation iron swords?
- Can this war lead us directly to Moshiach?
- Is it possible that G-d will not allow Moshiach in our generation because we are involved in a war?
- If Moshiach comes today, will we still have murderous enemies? Will Hamas be brought to justice?
- Will Moshiach have supernatural powers to destroy our enemies?
Who owns the Land of Israel?
- How do I respond to people who claim that Israel occupied Palestinian land?
- In addition to Rashi on the first verse in the Torah that G-d gave the Jewish people the land of Israel, why don’t we also cite Rashi later that speaks about how Noach and Abraham apportioned the land to their children?
- Does the Torah document Abraham purchasing land in Israel to pre-empt others claim to the land?
Conclusion: What is the message of the enduring flames of Chanukah?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM ET, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.