By Yanky Berkowitz, age 17
I am very often told by people over 40 that “the Bochurim of today are so much better than we were. We were in 770 with the Rebbe, and even with that, we lacked. You guys are so into the sichos, yomanim, videos….”
I usually don’t know what to respond to that. “Thank you?” “No, you guys were really better than us?”
It’s sometimes a bit awkward.
But today, I do know what to respond.
You see, people might think that this happens by itself. The Bochurim of today are just automatically motivated to kuch in the Rebbe and his teachings, and to come spend time in the Rebbe’s Daled Amos for Tishrei or Yud Alef Nissan.
This is not the case.
There is an organization, the Vaad Talmidei Hatmimim, that works tirelessly, 365 days a year, and often behind the scenes, to give Bochurim what we need to help us connect.
– They create programs for the Rebbe’s Torah, making it easy and exciting to participate.
– Tishrei! They ensure Bochurim coming to the Rebbe have where to sleep, what to eat, and importantly, a program of learning and inspiration to make the time spent positive and useful…
– They promote watching videos of Farbrengens – an unbelievable way to connect to the Rebbe.
– They assist the Talmidim Hashluchim in Yeshivos to have the biggest impact
– They make special campaigns around Yomei D’pagra to bring an added Koch
– They fly Bochurim to the Rebbe for these special days
– The annual Kinus Hatmimim and Yud Shevat programs, giving us chayus for the whole year
– They Produce the incredible Derher Magazine packed with information and inspiration
– Many more programs which I’m missing
Today, they need our help to continue their crucial work for us Bochurim!
Please donate to their campaign raising much needed funds for the coming year – $540k goal.
I don’t know if we are better than the previous generation. Perhaps we are. Perhaps we’re the same.
One thing for sure – we are the future. We need to make sure it’s a bright one.
Please give generously FueltheFuture.net