As a prelude to tonight’s event, “lir’os es malkeinu”, the Rabbonim of Crown Heights have produced the following letter with practical suggestions and hora’os:
1. Set aside an hour each day to explain to your household, in words appropriate for their level, that the Rebbe is the leader of our generation, and he continues to give kochos and inspiration to all of us, especially we chassidim who are bound to him. It would also be appropriate to encourage all members of the household that are the age of chinuch and above to set aside money each day for projects and activities that were dear to the Rebbe.
2. Each person should set aside additional time for Torah study, which binds us to Hashem “with a wondrous unity” as explained in Tanya, It would be preferable to learn in a group or participate in public shiurim. Chassidim should also participate in farbrengens, especially on the Y’mei Hageulah of Gimmel Tammuz and Yud Beis-Yud Gimmel Tammuz, to encourage each other to put the learning into effect.
3. We should each strengthen the daily shiurim that are incumbent upon everyone (Chitas, Rambam, etc.) as well as reinforcing our commitment to fulfilling all of the Rebbe’s hora’os, including mivtzayim.
4. Increase in study of inyanei geulah u’Moshiach, especially in Likutei Sichos of the leader of our generation. This, as the Rebbe said, is the fastest and most direct route to bring the revelation of Moshiach.
5. Each person should fulfill the hora’ah of the Rebbe, as written in the Mishnah “Asei lecha rav,” appoint yourself a rav. This matter has been explained extensively in the Rebbe’s sichos. Each of us needs a mashpia to consult with for advice in avodas Hashem. When we need advice in other matters, such as in areas of halachah, parnassah or health, we should follow the Rebbe’s counsel and seek advice from relevant experts.
All this should be done with a genuine cry from the heart, “ad mosai!” doing everything in our power to bring out the immediate revelation of Moshiach, when we will merit to be reunited with the Rebbe who will lead us out of galus, immediately.
Photos: Itzik Roytman