My Dear Friends,
As you prepare to give Matanos L’Evyonim this Purim please consider giving to the Tzedaka which distributes to the poor in the highest possible way.
These are 9 reasons why Chevra Simchas Shabbos V’yom Tov is such an important Tzedakah and why you should donate to CSSY this Purim:
1. CSSY provides to OUR Crown Heights community. Our Chazal say “Aniyai Ircha Kodmin – the poor in YOUR city come first.
2. CSSY was initiated by the Rebbe as the Tzedakah for the Crown Heights community. The Rebbe donated to CSSY regularly.
3. CSSY distributes Tzedakah in the most discreet manner. No one knows who gives or who receives. According to the Rambam this is the highest form on Tzedakah. Many recipients are your family members, friends or neighbors yet because of the confidentiality, you would never know.
4. CSSY is Tzedakah in the most dignified way. Unlike other organizations that deliver boxes with food, CSSY provides food vouchers and cash grants allowing for the recipients to purchase whatever they wish.
5. Matanos L’Evyonim distributed on Purim
6. CSSY assists the needy EVERY week, not just on Purim. Hundreds rely on CSSY to buy their Shabbos food each and every week and hundreds more for every Yom Tov.
7. While there are many beautiful public seudos Purim for the poor, many are embarrassed or cannot join and need funds to make their own seuda.
8. This year Purim is on Thursday and the needy will already need food vouchers help to buy Shabbos food on Shushan Purim.
9. In addition to food, CSSY is the address that our community turns to when in need of emergency assistance. Yesomim and Almonos, medical help, funerals, therapy, weddings and whatever is needed.
Give Matanos L’eveyonim to CSSY on the famous porch of Shimshon and Martha Stock Ob”m and put Tzedaka into to the same box that the Rebbe gave.
Stop by anytime Tanis Esther and Purim Day at 593 Montgomery St – Between Brooklyn and Kingston.
Music by DJ DEV! Balloons and fun for children!
If You cant make it in person you can make a secure online donation at: www.CSSY.org/Purim. Or mail donation to: 593 Montgomery St Brooklyn, NY 11225
Dedicated in memory of the 12th Yahrzeit of
Shimshon Hakohen Stock OBM, Founder of CSSY