The K-Factor podcast is produced by CHYE – Crown Heights Young Entrepreneurs in partnership with community news website COLlive.com.
The K-Factor offers business wisdom that can help future business leaders to make the “Keli” (the Hebrew word for vessel) so they can grow their business aspirations.
Episode #45: Yochanan Polter “Raising funds for a startup”
Yochanan is the CEO of PawnGuru, a marketplace that interfaces between consumers and pawnshops. Active in alternative financial services for the last 10 years, Yochanan founded Polter Financial Group in 2007, an asset manager for life settlement portfolios. Yochanan is also co-founder and managing partner of Accelerated Life Solutions, a national life settlement brokerage firm with offices in MI and FL.
In this interview Yochanan shares:
* Following the Yad Hashem
* Wearing your yeshiva education with pride
* Finding a gap in industry
* How to test your idea against the market
* How to bootstrap
* The understanding the role of SEO
* How to obtain funding for your startup
* Understanding the mindset of a VC
* The value of participating in an accelerator
To recommend someone for an interview and to reach Rabbi Werde, email [email protected]