MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 197, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, January 14, 2018 / 27 Tevet 5778 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
The topics in this week’s 197th episode:
* Chassidus Applied to Rosh Chodesh Shevat and Bo
* 4th annual MyLife: Chassidus Applied Essay Contest
* Ahavas Yisroel: How can we be expected to love every person?
* How to reconcile the stories about the differences between Chassidim and Misnagdim with the foundational principle of Ahavas Yisroel?
* Perfectionism vs. depression: What can I do about my being a perfectionist?
* How to deal with an irritable wife?
* Is anxiety and depression a spiritual malady?
* Follow-up: President or Mr. Trump?
* Suggestions to Rabbi Jacobson
* Why don’t we daven the way Chassidus expects of us? Prayer continued – Part 3
* Chassidus Question: Free will – Part 3
* MyLife Essays: MLC Essay Contest Musings, by Chana Perman, 46, Toronto, Canada; Chassidus and the Arts, by Devorah Eber, 19, Brooklyn, NY; Kabbalah Accommodates, by Anthony Mallgren, 32, Albuquerque, New Mexico. These and other essays can be read online at meaningfullife.com/essays.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at meaningfullife.com/mylife