MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 243, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, January, 6 2019 / 29 Teves, Erev Rosh Chodesh Shevat 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
* Chassidus Applied to Shevat and Parshas Bo
* How should we react to the recent Mezuzah controversy?
* Is there an intrinsic value to keeping Chassidus in its pristine state and not trying to apply it to specific situations?
* What did the Rebbe mean by calling someone a “plain-clothed chassid”?
* Mazel: Do Jewish people have luck?
* Why is 770 not kept neater?
* Request: References for mental health specialists
Follow-up (episodes 241-242):
* Emulating Yaakov
* Singing in the restroom
* What defines a Chabad Chassid?
* Government intervention in our schools
* Chassidus question: Is G-d inside or outside of us?
My Life 2018 essays:
* The Value of Our Constant Struggles, Sara Schwartz, 32, Granada Hills, CA
* Transcendental Mediation in Light of Chassidus, Dovid Bressman, 35, Los Angeles, CA
* Increase Motivation for Change after Repeated Failures, Tirtza Butman, 46, Ramat, HaSharon, Israel
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.