MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 240, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, December 16, 2018 / 8 Teves 5779 – 8:00-9:00PM EST
* Chassidus Applied to 10 Teves and Parshas Vayechi
* Why has Chalukas haShas not gained traction in Chabad?
* What aspect of a Jewish mother determines the Jewishness of her child – conceiving, carrying or both?
* Should we insist that our 8-year-old son go to Shul on Shabbos?
* What should be our goals when we go on mivtzoim?
* How should we speak to non-Jews about sheva mitzvos?
Follow-up (episodes 238-239):
* Empowering women
* Buying a car
Chassidus question: How does machsoveh (thought) relate to midos?
My Life 2018 essays:
* Overcoming Challenges, Ga’m Zu l’Tova, Emunas Hashem and Bitachon, Mindle Lerner, 18, Woodmere, NY
* The Rebbe’s Leadership after Gimmel Tammuz, Nechama Dina Turk, 44, Chicago, IL
* To Understand A Convert, Aliza Elisheva Garvin, 26, Brooklyn, NY
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to inform, inspire and empower us by applying the teachings of Chassidus to help us face practical and emotional challenges and difficulties in our personal lives and relationships. To have your question addressed, please submit it at meaningfullife.com/mylife.