This recipe series is brought to you by community news service COLlive.com and Kettle & Cord, the home essentials store in Crown Heights.
Can a morning breakfast get any better than pancakes and yogurt? Rachel Goodman, registered dietician and health coach, presents her favorite gluten-free pancake recipe. Top with blueberries, Greek yogurt or maple syrup for the perfect start to your day.
Rachel describes what she loves about this pancake recipe: “These pancakes are gluten-free which make them a good option for those with celiac or gluten intolerance. The almond flour helps boost the protein and healthy fats while lowering the carbs, making them great for diabetics. And, they are super easy and quick to make!”
Rachel is the founder of Rachelgoodnutrition.com, a health-coaching and nutrition consultancy, and can be followed on Instagram at @rachelgoodnutrition.
Lemon & Almond Oat Pancakes
You will need:
1 cup rolled oats
1 ½ cup almond flour (super fine)
1 cup almond milk
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 pinch salt
For toppings: blueberries, greek yogurt, maple syrup
• Place rolled oats in the blender and blend until it is a flour-like consistency.
• Add the oil, salt, almond flour, almond milk, eggs, lemon zest and juice, baking powder, baking soda, and maple syrup into the blender and blend for 30 seconds.
• Heat griddle to medium heat and, with a pastry brush, coat with oil or melted butter.
• Pour ¼ cup batter at a time and cook until batter starts to bubble and the sides begin to appear cooked. About 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional minute.
• Repeat with the remaining batter.
• Serve with fresh blueberries, greek yogurt, and maple syrup.