MyLife MP3s are available to download from ChassidusApplied.com. Become a free member today and receive unlimited Mylife MP3 downloads.
The topics in this week’s 330th episode of the highly acclaimed MyLife: Chassidus Applied series, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson, will include:
· Chassidus Applied to Chayei Sarah
· What defines true life?
· Are the stories in Bereishis as important as the mitzvos discussed in other Chumashim?
· Why is there limited discussion of the Imahos in the Torah?
· Why do we find more discussion in Torah about the wicked than about the good?
· How should we be reacting to the election results?
· Should we pray for leaders in power?
· Is everything Hashem does good immediately, or will it lead to a greater good in the long term?
· Would a brain chip be acceptable according to Torah?
· Why did G-d create rich people?
· What should I do about my online addictions? Follow-up
· Chassidus question: Why do we mention the avos in our prayers?
· MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: Student winners:
o Essay English: Seeing the Future, Lily Richman, 24, Student at Machon Alte Seminary. Twinsburg, Ohio.
o Essay Hebrew (men): OCD, Menachem Mendel Yeshayahu, Kiryat Shmuel, Haifa, Israel
o Essay Hebrew (women): Is Fundamental Change Possible? שינוי עצמי – אפשרי? Mushka Tabiv, Kfar Chabad, Israel
o Creative: Unifying Force: The Power of Giving (hand woven tapestry), Ruth Bell, 64, Shlucha, Artist, Jewish Heritage Center Coordinator. Leeds, UK
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
Also at: chassidusapplied.com/mlc-tv